More sites will be announced in the coming weeks and screenings will be conducted between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Midlands sites include the following:
- Saturday, May 2: Union Baptist Church of Rembert (5840 Spring Hill Rd, Rembert, SC 29128)
- Wednesday, May 6: Hopkins Park Adult Activity Center (144 Hopkins Park Road, Hopkins, SC 29061)
- Friday, May 8: Richland County Rec Community Center (2750 McCords Ferry Rd, Eastover, SC 29044)
- Saturday, May 9: Garners Ferry Adult Activity Center (8620 Garners Ferry Road, Hopkins, SC 29061)
At the testing sites:
- Individuals at these locations will be screened. Those with COVID-19 symptoms will be tested without having a doctor’s order.
- Testing will be provided regardless of a person’s ability to pay.
- No appointment is needed. Community members taking part will be given masks upon arrival and will be asked to maintain social distancing.
- Test results are expected within four days.
- Individuals will receive follow-up communication about the test results – whether positive or negative – from Prisma Health.
- Those attending the testing events also will receive information about isolating at home if sick, tips on caring for themselves and when to seek additional care should their symptoms worsen.