Prisma Health Will Have Statewide Virus Screening Locations Starting Saturday (May 2)
More sites will be announced in the coming weeks and screenings will be conducted between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Midlands sites include the following:
- Saturday, May 2: Union Baptist Church of Rembert (5840 Spring Hill Rd, Rembert, SC 29128)
- Wednesday, May 6: Hopkins Park Adult Activity Center (144 Hopkins Park Road, Hopkins, SC 29061)
- Friday, May 8: Richland County Rec Community Center (2750 McCords Ferry Rd, Eastover, SC 29044)
- Saturday, May 9: Garners Ferry Adult Activity Center (8620 Garners Ferry Road, Hopkins, SC 29061)
At the testing sites:
- Individuals at these locations will be screened. Those with COVID-19 symptoms will be tested without having a doctor’s order.
- Testing will be provided regardless of a person’s ability to pay.
- No appointment is needed. Community members taking part will be given masks upon arrival and will be asked to maintain social distancing.
- Test results are expected within four days.
- Individuals will receive follow-up communication about the test results – whether positive or negative – from Prisma Health.
- Those attending the testing events also will receive information about isolating at home if sick, tips on caring for themselves and when to seek additional care should their symptoms worsen.