The Pentagon’s announcement of a new UFO task force has immediately sparked excitement and controversy. Though the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force was just launched earlier this month, the Intelligence Authorization Act of 2021, included funding for an already existing task force.
The New York Times reported in July that former Pentagon UFO program subcontractor Eric W. Davis said he had briefed the Senate Armed Services and Intelligence Committees twice in Oct. 2019 on the recovery of unexplained objects.
Former UFO hunter for Britain’s Ministry of Defense, Nick Pope tells Fox News that, since the US is using the term “UAP” (Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon) instead of “UFO,” that he’s certain the task force is about national security – not hunting aliens.
Still, former US Sen. Harry Reid and some scientists believed objects of unknown origin had fallen to earth. Reid pushed for the formation of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, thought to have dissolved in 2012. Its former head, Luis Elizondo has described a 2004 incident, saying what US Navy pilots “encountered that day was able to perform in ways that defied all logic and our current understanding of aerodynamics.”
— Disclosureteam Liv (@DisclosureTLiv) August 15, 2020
The Pentagon recently released official video of three pieces of footage already circulating publicly, effectively confirming authenticity. Elizondo says people should pay attention to comments the government makes about UFOs.
Is there a more earthly explanation for what US Navy pilots have encountered? Should the US government declassify everything it has?